855.000 - Facilities Planning and Space Allocation Committee
The purpose of the Facilities Planning and Space Allocation Committee is to provide leadership in the development, ongoing evaluation, and periodic update of the college’s comprehensive Facilities Master Plan. In addition, the committee will review proposals for facilities space allocation consistent with the Plan and in a manner that promotes the effective and efficient use of facilities space – both in the short term and long term. The committee will forward space allocation recommendations to the Executive Cabinet for approval. Space allocation proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Alignment with the Strategic Plan, Facilities Master Plan, and other planning documents.
Established unit priorities for instructional, programming, office, and meeting space.
Proximity to existing programs and operations.
Permanence (avoiding short-term moves where possible).
Additional costs (remodels, infrastructure, furniture, etc…).
Impact on other programs (e.g., will another program be displaced or lose space under the proposal, etc…).
Access requirements under Americans with Disabilities Act.
All requests for space allocation must be submitted using the Facilities Change Request and Space Allocation Form, found under “Forms” on ClarkNet.
- Director of facilities services, chair (standing member)
- Vice president of administrative services or designee (standing member)
- Vice president of student affairs or designee (standing member)
- Vice president of instruction or designee (standing member)
- Associate vice president of human resources or designee (standing member)
- Associate vice president of planning and effectiveness or designee (standing member)
- Executive director of communications and marketing or designee (standing member)
- Associate vice president of corporate and continuing education or designee (standing member)
- Special advisor for diversity and equity or designee (standing member)
- President and chief executive officer of the Clark College Foundation or designee (standing member)
- Member of Clark College Board of Trustees
- ASCC representative (one-year appointment)
Other members, including representative from key constituents in the community, may be invited as needed to participate in the development, analysis and updating of the Facilities Master Plan.
New Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
October 23, 2012