845.000 - Curriculum Committee
The Curriculum Committee reviews the appropriateness and integrity of course offerings and approves new courses, course changes, and the deletion of individual courses. Committee review includes consideration of appropriateness as a lower-division course, congruence between content and credits, rigor of course, effect on students, programs, and College resources.
- Two tenured faculty members from each instructional unit, appointed jointly by the vice president of instruction and the AHE president (three-year rotating appointments)
- One adjunct faculty member, appointed jointly by the vice president of instruction and the AHE president (one-year term)
- ICRC representative appointed by the vice president of instruction (standing member)
- Vice president of instruction or designee (standing member)
- Up to two students appointed by the ASCC (one-year appointments)
- Registrar (standing member)
The chair is selected by the committee.
Revised Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
September 28, 2010