Leave Due to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking

Under the Washington State Law (RCW 49.76.010) if an employee or an employee’s family member is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, the employee may take a reasonable amount of unpaid leave or use any accrued leave to recover from and cope with the effects of such violence.  Family member’s are defined as parent, step-parent, sister, brother, parent-in-law, spouse, grandparent, grandchild, minor/dependent child, child, and for whom the employee has a dating relationship.


Clark College employees

Use of Accrued Leave

Employees may use accrued sick leave, annual leave, compensatory time, personal holiday and leave without pay. They may move in and out of pay status during this leave.

Employees who exhaust all of their own accrued sick, annual leave, personal holiday, and compensatory time may also be eligible for the State of Washington Shared Leave program. See the Shared Leave program page

To Apply

To apply for leave under this provision, complete the Domestic Violence Leave Request Form located on the forms page and return it to Human Resources. Supporting documentation as described on the form may also need to be provided to Human Resources.


Employee Assistance Program

Domestic Violence/General Violence and Harassment in the Workplace

Questions? Please contact one of our Human Resources Benefits Consultants at 360-992-2105.