Tips on Applying to Jobs at Clark College
How to Get Started
Below are the steps to follow to complete the Clark College online job application:
- To apply online for a job at Clark College, please create an account. If you have already created your NEOED (NEOED (NEOGOV)) account, please visit our website: www.clark.edu/jobs to begin the application process.
- For new users, enter a username, password, and an email address. Write down your login information and keep it in a place where you will remember.
- Once you have created your account and/ or logged-in, enter the name of the application and click “create application”. You do not need to recreate a new application every time you apply for a position. For returning users, you will use your username and password every time you sign-in to NEOED (NEOGOV).
- If you have problems logging-in to your account, please contact NEOED (NEOGOV) Customer Support at 1-877-204-4442.
- Collect all information that you will need to apply for a position. This includes your resume/CV, educational credentials transcripts, degrees, licenses, DD214 (if applicable), Veterans Affairs disability letters, etc., and anything else that might be relevant to the positions for which you are interested.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application will not be referred to the selection committee.
- If you are in the process of earning a degree, do not list it as your highest level of education completed.
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If it is a completed degree, make sure the transcript states that the degree was awarded or conferred.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they show that a degree was awarded or conferred. To make sure that you are given proper credit for your foreign degree, it is often helpful to have the degree translated and confirmed by an independent service that it has an equivalency to a U.S. Associates, Bachelor’s, Master’s or other degree.
- If a job requires that you demonstrate completion of a specific number of hours in a certain discipline, be sure to attach the transcript pages that confirm those hours. You do not need to upload high school transcripts or your GED for your application. However, please keep in mind that a hiring agency may request a copy at the time of hire. If you have questions about this, it is best to contact the hiring agency for the position. All documentation that verifies education and semester hours completed will need to be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application at the time you apply. If you upload these documents after you apply for a position, you will need to reapply after the documents are uploaded in the system.
Applying for the Job
- Browse the Clark College jobs website to view active job postings and click on positions that interests you.
- If you already have a NEOED (NEOGOV) account, log-in to start the application process. Make sure that all your general profile information is up to date (email address, phone numbers, reference, etc). If you do not have an account, create an account with NEOED (NEOGOV) and proceed to start the application process.
- Read the job announcement carefully. Your responses and required attachments will determine if you meet the minimum qualifications to move forward to the selection committee. Make sure you complete the supplemental questions, if required for each position. (Note: some job announcements will not include supplemental questions).
- Pay attention to the closing date and time for the posting.
- It may be helpful to prepare your responses to the supplemental questions in advance to make the application process easier.
- If you think you meet or exceed the minimum qualifications and you would like to apply for the position, make sure you review the supplemental questions tab. Some job announcements will not include supplemental questions. It may be helpful to prepare your responses to the questions in advance to make the application process easier.
- If the years of work experience that you list for a given job cannot be verified by your resume or work experience, your application will not be referred to the selection committee.
- Save your work frequently in NEOED (NEOGOV). Be sure to click on the “Save Work in Progress” periodically to ensure your information is saved. The system will time-out after 30 minutes.
- Wondering what happens after the application process is finished?
- NEOED (NEOGOV) used at Clark College works through a system of automated notifications. These notifications will be sent to your email address provided on your application. Make sure the email address on your application is an inbox that you check frequently. Once you apply, we can’t edit your email address on your profile. No paper notifications will be sent to applicants.
- If you have applied to a continuous applicant pool, the hiring department is collecting a pool of applications for when a vacancy in the department needs to be filled. You will get notified only if you are selected to move forward with an interview.
Creating the online job application/personal profile
- Personal Profile: Applicants must enter their personal contact information. The applicant must enter all the required information in all fields to move to the next step by clicking “Save and View Application” button.
- Education: Although your educational history is on your cover letter and resume, please include your educational information in your personal profile, as it is part of the application materials that we use to determine if you meet the qualifications to forward your application to the selection committee.
- Work history: Remember you want to provide as much information as you can that relates to the job you are applying for. It is important to know that even when you attach a Resume, CV, and Cover Letter/Letter of Interest, you still want to enter your work history to be considered a competitive candidate. Typing “see resume” is not a viable option.
- Certificates and Licenses: You can provide your valid license number in this section of the online application. You do not need to upload a copy of your license if you provide your license number with effective dates. However, we do not discourage you from uploading a copy of your license.
- Skills: Remember to add all your computer skills and office skills in this section. If this information is not included in your personal profile, resume or cover letter, and it’s a skill you must have to qualify for the position, your application will be screened-out and your application not be released to the selection committee.
- Additional Information: Include any information that will help us evaluate your application.
- References: All positions require an applicant to include 3 names of professional individuals that can verify their work history. Personal references are only accepted if the applicant has no work experience. Please add this information if it is required from the job announcement. Please provide both a phone number and email address for each reference you add.
- Resume: Please attach it to your application.
- Attachments: Add your cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, transcript, or other documents. We accept many types of extension documents; however, the most common and successful ones that we receive have one of the following extensions: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rft, or jpg. To attach a document, click the “Browse” button. A new window will open. Locate the file you want to attach, select the file name, and click Open. Click upload to save your document and return to the full application. To add another attachment, click “Attach another file”.
- Agency Wide Questions: Read the instructions and answer the agency wide questions. If you need more than 30 minutes, make sure you click “Save Work in Progress to save your answers and return to your application later, or Save & Proceed to continue applying for the position.
- Supplemental Questions: Supplemental questions allow us to collect information related to the job you are applying for. It is very important you take the time to answer each question as Human Resources uses the questions to aid in evaluating your education, training and experience to compare if you meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job announcement.
- Confirm Application: Please review the application. Click “Edit” if you need to modify the application.
- Certify & Submit Your Application: Read the statement that follows and click “Accept” if you understand and agree to the statement. A confirmation will appear thanking you for applying and verifying that your application has been received.
If you have trouble submitting your application or unable to login to your account, please call the NEOED (NEOGOV) applicant support team at 1-877-204-4442. For questions regarding the actual job posting, please email email@example.com. Please be aware that our recruitment process may take 6 to 8 weeks from the date the review of the application begins or after the closing date. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Automatic Job Notifications
Would you like to automatically be notified of jobs that may interest you when they are posted? If so, please visit any of the position options below that you are interested in. On the next page click on the word “Menu” in the upper left corner. Next, click on “Job Categories”, then select all of the categories that interest you and then click the green “Subscribe” button that is above on the right of the category lists. You will then need to provide your first and last name and your email address. Click submit and you are now registered to receive automatic email notifications. Registration is valid for one year.