Healthcare and Insurance
Health Care and Insurance
Clark College cares about your health and safety. You are required to purchase health insurance while a student at Clark College.
- Health insurance coverage through Clark College is managed by the Firebird International Insurance Group.
- You must purchase health insurance through Clark College unless you have a health insurance plan through a pre-approved sponsor.
- Each quarter, a health insurance fee is automatically added to your MyClark account.
- When you register unless you show proof of health insurance from your approved sponsor.
- If you have dependents, you should purchase health insurance for your spouse and children.
- You must continue the insurance coverage during a vacation term if you are inside the U.S.
- You are advised to continue your insurance coverage during a vacation term if you are outside the U.S. to avoid a 3 month waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
- Always carry your health insurance card with you.
**IN AN EXTREME, LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
Counseling and Health Center
The Counseling and Health Center is located in the Health Sciences Building, HSC, Room 124, on campus. A licensed nurse is available to see you by appointment.
- The Health Center provides references to medical care in the Vancouver, WA community.
- The center has a lactation (for nursing babies) room.
- The center also has skilled and caring counselors, who are trained to discuss problems and concerns with students. Meeting with a Clark College counselor is free.
Dental Hygeine Clinic
The Dental Hygience Clinic offers low cost care to students enrolled at Clark College.
- Services include exams, x-rays, scaling and polishing, sealants and fillings.
- Free screenings are available by appointment.