Healthcare and Insurance
Health Care and Insurance
Clark College cares about your health and safety. You are required to purchase health insurance while a student at Clark College.
- Health insurance coverage through Clark College is managed by the Firebird International Insurance Group.
- You must purchase health insurance through Clark College unless you have a health insurance plan through a pre-approved sponsor.
- Each quarter, a health insurance fee is automatically added to your MyClark account.
- When you register unless you show proof of health insurance from your approved sponsor.
- If you have dependents, you should purchase health insurance for your spouse and children.
- You must continue the insurance coverage during a vacation term if you are inside the U.S.
- You are advised to continue your insurance coverage during a vacation term if you are outside the U.S. to avoid a 3 month waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
- Always carry your health insurance card with you.
- You should check the lists below for Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs). PPOs have an agreement with Firebird International Insurance. These PPOs should accept your insurance card, bill Firebird directly and allow for low costs of services covered by your insurance plan.
Preferred Provider Organizations:
**IN AN EXTREME, LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
Counseling and Health Center
The Counseling and Health Center is located in the Health Sciences Building, HSC, Room 124, on campus. A licensed nurse is available to see you by appointment.
- The Health Center provides references to medical care in the Vancouver, WA community.
- The center has a lactation (for nursing babies) room.
- The center also has skilled and caring counselors, who are trained to discuss problems and concerns with students. Meeting with a Clark College counselor is free.
Dental Hygiene Clinic
The Dental Hygiene Clinic offers low cost care to students enrolled at Clark College.
- Services include exams, x-rays, scaling and polishing, sealants and fillings.
- Free screenings are available by appointment.