We look forward to meeting all new students during our mandatory International Student Orientation!
Attending both days of orientation is required to get off to a good start on your academic journey at Clark College.
If you do not attend BOTH days of orientation, you will be unable to register for classes at Clark College.
You must be also available for additional days of advising and registration before classes begin.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Passport with current visa
- Your new U.S. address and phone number
- Email address
- Parent or emergency contact information in your home country, including a current email address
What to Expect at Orientation
- Meet the friendly International Programs staff
- Learn about advising, employment, bank accounts, immigration, health insurance, and more before classes start
- Connect with an International Peer Mentor who will help with your transition to Clark College and the U.S.
- Ask questions about Clark College
- Join a tour of Clark College’s beautiful campus
- Make new friends and have fun!
Placement testing is required of all new students at Clark College.
- Students who are eligible for the Intensive English Language Program will take English placement tests.
- Students who are eligible for college level classes will take a college-level writing test.
- Students who are eligible for math will take a math placement test.
- All students will receive an appointment for advising and registration.
Additional Days for Advising
At your scheduled advising appointment, you will:
- Meet with an advisor to help you choose your classes.
- Register for classes.
- Receive your class schedule with the day, time, room number and instructor information.
- Learn about the cost of classes and how to pay your tuition and fees.
After the international student orientation, all International Program emails will be sent to your Clark College email account (firstname.lastname@example.org), not your personal email.
You are responsible for regularly checking your Clark email account!