The Associated Students of Clark College (ASCC) Student Government advocates and represents the students of Clark College by serving as the liaison between students and faculty, staff, administration, and the community. By involving students at the college they seek to enhance the community through leadership, respect for difference, engagement and service.
The ASCC Student Government is recognized by the Board of Trustees as the sole representative body of Clark College students. It is the responsibility of the ASCC Student Government to:
- Provide representation of student interest, needs and well-being within the college community;
- Provide opportunities for individual leadership development and for group participation;
- Initiate and coordinate student activities;
- Foster cooperative relationships among the students, faculty, staff, administration, and community;
- Affirm and support the Clark College Mission, Vision, and Values statement
ASCC Student Government
ASCC Promotions Coordinator - Ndeye Astou Cisse
Student Government Minimum Qualifications:
- Enrolled in eight (8) credits or more at Clark College
- Possess a 2.50 cumulative grade point average at Clark College
- Have completed a minimum of twelve (12) college level credits at Clark College
- Paid $11.85 per hour
- Must be able to work 12-15 hours per week during regular business hours (Mon-Thurs 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Fri 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
You will need:
- A typed qualification statement no less than 250 words and no longer than 500 words
- A Job Application Form including 2-3 professional references
- A petition for candidacy with 50 signatures from currently enrolled Clark College students
- A Career Center approved resume
- Proof of attendance at required meetings
- An unofficial copy of your Clark College transcript. The transcript must include all quarters completed prior to the application deadline.
For more information, contact:
ASCC: ASCC Vice President - firstname.lastname@example.org / (360) 992-2353 x3640.