Thompson Fitness Center
The following Clark College Affiliates are eligible to use the O'Connell Sports Complex (OSC) Thompson Fitness Center during open hours:
Currently enrolled part and full-time Clark College students (not eligible for annual pass) and students returning in fall quarter.
All Clark employees, their spouses, children 16 years old and older, including emeritus faculty and their spouses
Clark College Alumni who use the Penguin Nation Passports
Students who are currently enrolled in Physical Education, HPE 266 or HPE 258 (Fitness Wellness) courses are FREE during that quarter. They must scan their current Clark College ID card in OSC 136 or 138 for access to the Fitness Center. Annual ID cards may be purchased in the bookstore for $9.00. They will take your picture for your card. The card provides free and discounted admission to events and may offer discounts at local businesses. See catalog for additional info.
Though it is not required, we recommend completion of a weight training and/or circuit fitness class prior to using the weight room and/or fitness center.
Policies & Gym Etiquette
- Current Clark College SID or FC Menber ID required
- Complete an “Acknowledgement of Hazards and Risks” form annually
- Do not exercise unless a supervisor is present
- No hats or ball caps with bills
- No jeans or cut-off shorts
- Shoes required - no boots, dress shoes, slippers or open-toed shoes
- Entire torso, midriff and buttocks must be covered at all times
- Spotters required for lifts with a bar overhead or over face
- Collars required on all freeweight bar lifts
- No food or chewing gum
- Use plastic or metal spill-proof containers for beverages
- Use sanitary wipes or a towel to wipe down each workout area after use (provided in wall dispensers)
- Return all equipment to it's designated area after use