Thompson Fitness Center
The following Clark College Affiliates are eligible to use the O'Connell Sports Complex (OSC) Thompson Fitness Center during open hours:
Currently enrolled part and full-time Clark College students (not eligible for annual pass) and students returning in fall quarter.
All Clark employees, their spouses, children 16 years old and older, including emeritus faculty and their spouses
Penguin Athletic Club (PAC) members, 16 years old and older (joining fee: $50 individual, $100 family per yr.)
Clark College Alumni Association members, 16 years old and older (joining fee: $25 per yr.)
Students who are currently enrolled in Physical Education, Fitness Trainer, HPE 266 or HPE 258 (Fitness Wellness) courses are FREE during that quarter. They must scan their current Clark College ID card in OSC 136 or 138 for access to the Fitness Center. ID cards may be purchased in the bookstore for $3.00. Take your receipt for your card across the hall to Security. They will take your picture for your card. The card provides free and discounted admission to events and may offer discounts at local businesses. See catalog for additional info.
Though it is not required, we recommend completion of a weight training and/or circuit fitness class prior to using the weight room and/or fitness center.
Policies & Gym Etiquette
- Valid Clark College ID
- Complete an “Acknowledgement of Hazards and Risks” form annually
- Do not exercise unless a supervisor is present
- No hats or ball caps.
- No tank tops or sleeveless shirts
- No jeans or cut-off shorts
- No boots, dress shoes, slippers or open-toed shoes
- Entire torso and buttocks must be covered at all times
- No excessive or dangling jewelry
- Spotters and collars required for free weights
- No food or chewing gum
- Use plastic spill-proof containers for beverages
- Carry a towel for sweat
- Use sanitary wipes for each workout area after use (provided in wall dispensers)
- Return dumbbells and weights to rack after use