850.000 - Environmental Health and Safety Committee
The Environmental Health and Safety Committee coordinates and communicates matters involving employee and student safety and health arising from the College's physical environment and:
Reviews safety and health measures, equipment, and supplies and prioritizes recommendations for change or improvement.
Brings to the administration's attention safety concerns not resolved through College service departments.
Reviews and provides feedback on environmental health and safety programs and policies.
Advocates for a safe and healthy workplace by serving as role models and fostering cooperation college-wide.
Evaluates accident investigations conducted since the last meeting to determine if the causes of the unsafe situation were identified and corrected.
Minutes from each meeting shall be kept for a minimum of three years, and available for review by safety and health professionals from WISHA. Records are to be maintained by the Environmental Health and Safety Department.
There must be at least as many elected employees as standing members on the committee. The chair must be elected by the members of the committee and serve a one-year term. Elected members serve a one-year term. There is no limit to the number of terms served by the chair or elected members.
- Vice president of administrative services (standing member)
- Director of security/safety (standing member)
- Director of facilities services (standing member)
- Health services officer (standing member)
- Environmental health and safety/employee development program manager (standing member)
- Director of disability support services (standing member)
- ASCC representative (one-year appointment)
- One elected representative from each of the following areas (one-year terms):
Brown House/ “T” Building
Penguin Union Building/Gaiser Hall/Cannell Library
Child and Family Studies
Applied Arts Complex/Diesel Building/Joan Stout Hall
Scarpelli Hall/Bauer Hall/Baird Administration Building
O’Connell Sports Center/Athletic Annex Building/Music
Hanna Hall/Hawkins Hall/Foster Hall
Clark College at Columbia Tech Center
Clark College at Town Plaza
Clark College at WSU Vancouver
Frost Arts Center
Science Building Complex/Greenhouse/Pechanec Hall