803.000 - Academic Standards Committee
The Academic Standards Committee:
Evaluates and rules on petitions to waive educational requirements.
Evaluates and rules on petitions to "set aside" past records.
Evaluates and rules on petitions for reinstatement from academic suspension.
Recommends to Instructional Planning Team (IPT) guidelines for challenging courses, for granting credit by College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations, and for granting credit for experience.
Evaluates credits transferred from non-accredited institutions, service schools, training institutions, etc.
Refers to IPT recommended policies or modifications related to educational requirements of the College.
- Vice president of student affairs or designee (non-voting member)
- Associate dean of financial aid or designee (standing member)
- Director of advising or designee (standing member)
- Registrar (standing member)
- Student Success and Retention Manager (standing member)
- Four faculty members (two-year appointments)
- ASCC representative (one-year appointment)
The chair is selected by the committee.
New Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
February 13, 2018