810.000 - Exceptional Administrative-Exempt Award Committee
The Exceptional Exempt Staff Awards Committee reviews applications and determines the granting of exceptional administrative-exempt staff awards. The committee develops and reviews selection criteria and determines the granting of awards. Human Resources initiates the process and provides support to the committee.
The membership of this committee is the Executive Cabinet and the chair will be selected annually from this membership.
Clark College Exceptional Administrative-Exempt Award
Honoring an administrative-exempt employee who contributes in significant ways toward building a positive climate, inclusive environment, and exhibits traits of excellence in their role at Clark.
Submissions can be made by filling out the online submission form located on the Human Resources intranet site.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Administrative-Exempt Excellence Awards Committee and will be evaluated entirely on the basis of the information submitted on the nomination form.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Displays Exemplary Work Performance
- Makes a significant impact on the College (give examples of involvement, attitude, helpfulness, etc.).
- Contributes and demonstrates commitment to the College's mission and core values.
- Takes Initiative and Actively Collaborates
- Interacts and engages positively with all community partners (faculty, staff, students and the public).
- Exhibits respect for employees, faculty, community members, and students.
- Makes Exceptional Contributions to the College Community
- Initiates or actively participates in projects for the betterment of the college community.
- Builds positive relationships with campus groups/committees and/or external college partners. Actively supports the college’s initiatives around diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrates commitment to advancing social equity on campus.
Recipients of this award will receive a plaque and $1,000 funded in partnership with the Clark College Foundation. This award will be announced annually on Opening Day before the beginning of fall quarter.
Nominees must be administrative-exempt employees serving in their full-time position for twelve (12) months or more. Recipients of the award will not be eligible to receive another award for a period of three (3) years after having received this award. Members of the President’s Executive Cabinet are not eligible to be nominated.
Nominations will be accepted during spring quarter. Selections will be made during summer quarter and announced at Opening Day in fall quarter.
New Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
Septemberl 3, 2019