890.000 - Social Equity Advisory Committee
The function of the Social Equity Advisory Committee is to:
- Identify disparities in outcomes for students, faculty and staff, and recommend to the college strategies to improve the outcomes utilizing data and leading with racial equity.
- Align its work and serve key stakeholders to maximize impact, including but not limited to: Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Instruction and other college initiatives.
- Serve on the Social Equity Plan Implementation Taskforce.
- Interview potential Executive Cabinet members and recommend preferred candidates based on their social equity knowledge.
- Identify strategies to implement the College’s Social Equity Plan; monitor progress and provide updates.
- Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (Chair)
- Instruction Representative (Standing Member)
- Student Affairs Representative (Standing Member)
- Administrative Services Representative (Standing Member)
- One Member from at least one Executive Area (Communications and Marketing, Human Resources, Office of DEI, President’s Office, Planning & Effectiveness or Economic & Community Development) (Standing Member).
- Two Faculty Members (2-year appointment)
- Two Classified Representatives (2-year appointment)
- Two Administrative Representatives (2-year appointment)
- B.U.I.L.D. Certified Member (2-year appointment)
- Two Student Representatives (1-year appointment)
Members will be chosen through an application process and chair will be chosen by the committee.
New Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
August 14, 2018
Revised Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
January 14, 2020