838.000 - College Sustainability Committee
The purpose of the College Sustainability Committee is to create a sustainability plan and to improve the college’s effectiveness and progress, toward meeting environmental integrity objectives. This committee will also recommend improvement strategies within the context of the objectives within its proposed plan utilizing the guided pathways framework and with infusing social equity The work of this committee will result in a comprehensive and detailed framework for advancing sustainability throughout the college. These recommendations will be developed based on careful and continuous assessment and review.
The College Sustainability Committee will implement its purpose in the following ways:
- Develop a sustainability plan.
- Discuss improvement of student learning by improving the environmental conditions for the college and students. The foci of the discussions will be about environmental sustainability, facilities and leveraging resources for innovation, and climate.
- Continuously review and evaluate Clark College’s progress toward mission fulfillment, specifically in regards to environmental integrity objectives.
- Develop and provide appropriate recommendations of strategies to improve environmental integrity through college wide governance and will be be presented to the college’s President and executive cabinet.
Council membership will consist of the following positions ensuring that at least one member is a student, professional technical faculty member, transfer faculty member, and employee of Instruction, Student Affairs, Administrative Services, and Executive of the college:
- AHE representative (to be selected by AHE)
- WPEA representative (to be selected by WPEA)
- Two Students (to be selected by ASCC)
- Adjunct faculty member (to be selected by adjunct faculty committee)
The following members will be selected by the council through an application process:
- Classified, including part-time classified employee
- Full-time faculty member
- Administrator/exempt (non-Executive Cabinet members)
- Employee/Student knowledgeable about the consequences of power, privilege, and inequity – appointed by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- At large member, depending on the core theme and needs of the group – could also include Foundation representative
The following member will be selected by the President:
- Executive Cabinet member– nonvoting (EC member provides the note-taker.) The President cannot serve as the EC representative.
Members will serve two-year terms.
The chair is selected by the committee.
New Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
August 14, 2018
Revised Policy/Procedure Approved by Executive Cabinet
March 3, 2020