It's time for Penguins to march!
Join the Clark College community as we participate in a movement challenge with Lower
Columbia College and Washington State University – Vancouver.
Walktober is a no cost, participate at your own level, 31-day health campaign challenge meant to inspire the Clark College community to become more active. The challenge is open to all Clark students, faculty and staff!
- Walktober Challenge runs from 10/1 – 10/31
- Walktober is more than just walking! This month-long challenge includes a variety of physical wellbeing activities. View the Step Equivalency Chart for more information.
- Use technology to track your daily movements. Use your smartphone to search fitness trackers or checkout what apps might already be included on your smartphones or smartwatches.
- Walking is fun, enjoyable and a great time to listen to music, walk with friends and connect, or catch up on your favorite Podcast.
- Giveaways will be given throughout the month and prizes will be awarded to the top three winners!
Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tre (William) Sandlin at WSandlin@clark.edu. You may also view Frequently Asked Questions.
Please turn in completed Walktober logs by November 4th.
Thank you for engaging in this fun activity. Remember, your health and wellness matters - make yourself a priority.
If you have limited mobility and are unable to participate in Walktober, please check out our Healthy Penguin Nation webpage for other wellbeing activities!
If you need accommodation due to a disability in order to participate in this program please contact Clark College’s Disability Support Services Office at (360) 992-2314 or Human Resources at (360) 992-2105.
National Walking Month (October 1-31)
In 2020, 34 Penguins participated in the Walktober Challenge and logged 347,922 total steps! Way to go, Penguin Nation! Clark College maintained the title and kept hold of the Walktober trophy to the Penguin Nation!!!
In 2019, 68 Penguins participated in the Walktober Challenge and logged 20,435,605 total steps! Way to go, Penguin Nation! Clark College brought home the Walktober trophy to the Penguin Nation!!!
In 2018, 111 Penguins participated in the Walktober Challenge and logged 30,983,800 total steps earning 3rd place in the 2018 Challenge.
In 2017, Thirty-Seven Penguins entered to the Walktober Challenge (the final participant count ended as Forty-Two). Collectively, Clark College logged 12,615,043 steps earning 2nd place in the 2017 Walktober Challenge.
In 2016, Thirty-Eighty Penguins got moving during the month of October for the second Walktober Challenge against the WSU Vancouver Cougs and the Lower Columbia College Red Devils. Collectively, Clark logged in 12,412,963 steps earning 2nd place in the college challenge.
Check out everybodywalk.org for information and inspiration.