Our goal is that students are satisfied with the education and services received at Clark. If you do have a concern about  your experience – services received, quality of instruction, interaction with staff – you may follow our complaint process to seek resolution or be heard. Any student who has a concerns and feels they have been treated unfairly has the right to file a formal complaint. A formal complaint process has been established in order to assure impartial and equitable resolution for those challenges and concerns.

The student complaint process may not be used for issues that have independent appeal processes in place. Examples of these include, but are not limited to Academic Appeals, Academic Standards, Code of Student Conduct, FERPA, Financial Aid, Grades, Title IX, Discrimination and Harassment, and Safety/Parking. Matters which are not grievable at the student complaints level include the following:

1. Federal and State laws
2. Administrative Procedures Act (Chapter 34.05 RCW)
3. Employment and personnel decisions
4. Policies of the Board of Trustees
5. Rules and procedures adopted by the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges or the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction

Submit a student complaint here: 

Initiating and Resolving a Complaint

To initiate a complaint, fill out the student complaint form linked above, this can be initiated by a student or an employee can file on behalf of a student. During this process,  the student will receive resource information and support navigating the resolution of their concerns. A complaint may be resolved at various stages of the process. Complaints should be filed as soon as possible and no more than 60 days after the incident occurs.

You will be contacted formally through your Clark College student email within 5 business days of filing your concern. You will be provided information regarding next steps in the process and may be asked for additional information, if necessary. Below are a few best practices to utilize in resolution of your complaint:

If your complaint or concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may move into the formal appeal process by requesting via Student Complaint Appeals form. The appeal must be submitted within five (5) instructional days of resolution with the Dean.

Review the full college policy and procedure for student complaints located here at Administrative Policy and Procedure 735.000.

Questions or need support?


Other college resolutions avenues 

Financial Aid Appeal:

Tuition Appeal:

Grade appeal:

Academic Standards Appeal:

Security & Parking: