Worker Retraining Program
The Worker Retraining Program is a state-funded program designed to help remove barriers and provide eligible unemployed or underemployed students with access to education and skills training opportunities that provide them with the ability to re-enter the workforce.
Students who qualify for the Worker Retraining Program may be eligible to receive:
- Assistance with tuition, books and mandatory fees (pending the availability of funds)
- Educational advising and personal support
- Funding to help with completion when unemployment benefits are exhausted
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Completion of the FAFSA (assistance for completion is available)
- Live in Washington State
- Enrollment in Transitional Studies, vocational, professional technical non-transfer degree or certificate program
- And one of the following:
- Currently receiving unemployment benefits
- Received notice of layoff
- Eligible for unemployment benefits
- Unemployed and exhausted unemployment benefits within the past 48 months
- Unemployed or underemployed Displaced homemaker (loss of primary income due to becoming widowed, separated or divorced within the past 48 months)
- Unemployed military veteran, discharged within the past 48 months
- Upcoming military discharge
- Laid off and became eligible for unemployment within the past 48 months, but are now working in a temporary or lower wage position
Students may be eligible to continue receiving unemployment benefits while attending school and be excused from job search activities if the training is approved by Employment Security for Commissioner Approved Training or Training Benefits. Please attend an info session or contact the Program Specialist for more information and/or assistance in completing this application.
Career and job placement services are also offered through the WorkSource Employment Service Center. These services are available to anyone and include training assistance and school-to-work transition support.
Career services are also available in the Clark College Career Center. These services are available to anyone and include career advising, financial coaching, and assistance choosing your major.
For more information, contact the Worker Retraining Office at (360) 992-2274 or email@example.com.
Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
WorkSource204 SE Stonemill Drive, STE 215
Worker Retraining Office Hours
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Friday
Gaiser Hall, Room 215