Passport to College Promise Program
Passport to College Promise
The state of Washington has created the Passport to College Promise for those who have aged out of the foster care system and are youth under the age of 22. As of 2019, unaccompanied homeless youth--per financial aid qualification--may be eligible for this program as well. This program is designed to encourage you to prepare for and succeed in college.
You may be eligible to receive the following:
- A scholarship, along with other assistance, that will go toward your tuition and living expenses for up to five years of higher education.
- Guidance from college academic and financial aid counselors.
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WASC) will determine eligibility for this funding source.
For more information, please contact the Passport to College Office at 360-992-2039, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit:
Education & Training Voucher Program
The Education & Training Voucher Program (ETV) is a national program for youth who qualify and are likely to age out of the foster care system.
ETV offers financial help to current and former foster youth to attend colleges, universities, vocational or technical programs. The ETV program helps students in their own efforts to secure financial aid to enroll in postsecondary programs.
The ETV program has up to $5,000 in funds available to eligible students. ETV awards can help fund tuition, fees, books, housing, transportation and other school-related costs.
Washington State Governors' Scholarship
The Washington State Governors' Scholarship for Foster Youth was established to assist Washington youth who will emancipate from state or federally recognized foster, group or kinship care to enroll in and complete degrees or certificates at eligible colleges in Washington. The College Success Foundation manages the Governors' Scholarship program.
- Approximately thirty new scholars are chosen each year.
- Scholarship award amounts range from $2000 to $4000 depending on the college of attendance.
- Scholarships can be used up to five years until completion of the student's program of study. Students must be enroll full time and maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to renew scholarships each year.
For more information, please contact the Scholarships Office at 360-992-2582 or email@example.com.
Passport to College Virual Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.