The Student Tuition Easy Payment Plan (STEPP) is a new and optional payment program offered at Clark College. STEPP makes budgeting for college expenses more flexible each quarter because it lets you pay in installments interest free in the quarter. You can make payments by personal check, cash or credit card. There is a $15 non refundable charge for each quarter that you enroll in STEPP to set up your account.
- What does it cover?
- How do I enroll in the plan?
- When are payments due?
- What if I am late with a payment?
- Where do I make payments?
- What if I add or drop classes?
- What if I have more questions?
STEPP covers tuition and class fees for the specified quarter that you are enrolled in the plan. Expenses for books, fines, parking fees or administrative costs and fees charged by the college are not covered in the plan.
The advantage of STEPP is that you gain more flexibility to fit tuition and fee payments into your budget. Instead of making one single payment for the entire amount, you can enroll in STEPP and make up to three separate installments in the quarter interest free.
The chart below shows the payment schedule for Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer quarters.
|STEPP Payment Schedule|
|Quarter Enrolled||1st Installment||2nd Installment||3rd Installment (2)|
|Fall||1/3 of tuition due at enrollment (1) + 15.00 fee||1/3 of tuition due October 15||1/3 of tuition due November 15|
|1/3 of tuition due at enrollment (1) + 15.00 fee||1/3 of tuition due January 20
|1/3 of tuition due February 15|
|Spring||1/3 of tuition due at enrollment (1) + 15.00 fee||1/3 of tuition due April 15||1/3 of tuition due May 15|
|Summer||1/2 of tuition due at enrollment (1) + 15.00 fee||1/2 of tuition due July 15||No Third Payment|
For example, if your quarterly tuition and fees for Spring Quarter total $630, your payments would be as follows:
- 1st installment due at time of enrollment: $225 [one-third tuition and fees = $210 plus non refundable enrollment fee = $15]
- 2nd installment due April 15: $210
- 3rd installment due May 15: $210
To be eligible for STEPP, you must enroll in the plan each quarter in which you enroll for classes. Enrollment in STEPP is an easy two-step process:
- Complete a STEPP Enrollment Form, which can be obtained at the Cashier’s Office located in Gaiser Hall.
- Pay a $15 non refundable enrollment fee and the first installment of your quarterly tuition and fees by personal check, cash or credit card (Visa® or MasterCard®).
- Enrollment in STEPP occurs during the following dates:
Fall 2016 – August 8 - October 10
Winter 2017 – December 12 - January 20
Payments received after the due date will be assessed a late payment fee of $20. If the payment is not received by the due date, you may be dropped from current courses.
You can make payments by personal check, cash or credit card (Visa® or MasterCard®) in the following ways:
**STEPP students cannot view their STEPP balance online. The 3rd payment can be made online starting one week before payment is due.
- In person:
Cashier’s Office located in Gaiser Hall.
- By mail (include your student ID number):
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663-3598
- By phone (credit card payments only):
Changes in your schedule can have an impact on the amount of tuition and fees that you owe. You must notify the Cashier’s Office of any changes in your class schedule.
If you have additional questions or require more information, please contact the Cashier’s Office as follows:
- In person: Cashier’s Office located in Gaiser Hall.
- Phone: 360-992-2177
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org