Opportunity Grant Program
The Opportunity Grant is a state funded program that helps to remove barriers and provide access to low-income students who are Washington state residents, with access to education and training opportunities in high wage, high demand fields.
Opportunity Grant Funding
Opportunity Grant funding may be available for students who are pursuing one of the following vocational, professional technical non-transfer degree or certificate programs:
- Administrative Support
- Computer Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Medical Office
- Pharmacy Technician
Students who qualify for the Opportunity Grant may be eligible to receive:
- Assistance with tuition, books and mandatory fees for up to 45 credits or three years; whichever comes first (pending the availability of funds)
- Educational advising and personal support
Program Eligibility Criteria:
- Completion of the FAFSA
- Washington State resident for 12 months
- No prior degree
- 200 percent below the poverty guidelines
Opportunity Grant Office Hours:
For more information, contact the Opportunity Grant Office at 360-992-2039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Office Hours:
Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Gaiser Hall, Room 128