Opportunity Grant Program
The Opportunity Grant is a state funded program that helps to remove barriers and provide access to low-income students who are Washington state residents, with access to education and training opportunities in high wage, high demand fields.
Students who qualify for the Opportunity Grant may be eligible to receive:
- Assistance with tuition, books and mandatory fees for up to 45 credits or three years; whichever comes first (pending the availibility of funds)
- Educational advising and personal support
Opportunity Grant Degree/Certificate Options:
Opportunity Grant funding may be available for students who are pursuing one of the following vocational, professional technical non-transfer degree or certificate programs:
- Addiction Counselor Education
- Computer Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Early Childhood Education
- Health Information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing/Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
Program Eligibility Criteria:
- Completion of the FAFSA or WASFA
- Washington State resident for 12 months
- No prior degree
- 200 percent of the poverty guidelines
Connect with the Opportunity Grant Office:
Virtual: Monday and Wednesday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Gaiser Hall #215: Monday-Wednesday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Apply for the Opportunity Grant here: Workforce Education Services Application
After you have completed the application, schedule a phone screening with Lora Jenkins.