If you have received a Direct Loan to help finance your education at Clark College, you must complete exit counseling when you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment (6 credits). The purpose of exit counseling is to ensure you understand your student loan obligations and are prepared for repayment.
When completing exit counseling, you’ll need your FSA ID and password to log in. Clark College will receive confirmation when your exit counseling is successfully completed.
Exit Counseling will cover the following information:
- Confirm contact information for yourself (including mailing address, email address and phone number), as well as two additional references who reside at a different address
- Total amount in Direct Loans you have borrowed, loan terms, interest accrual and your repayment schedule
- Who your loan servicer is, repayment obligations, how to make a payment and what to do if you cannot afford it
- Repayment plans, consolidation options and loan forgiveness programs
- Debt management and consequences of default.
- Address and telephone number for the Direct Loan Servicing Center, as well as other agencies to help you as a loan borrower.
You can save and/or print this Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide to reference later.