Student Employment

Participate in Student Employment

Start here by reviewing the Student Employment Checklist

Work Study

Work Study and Institutional Hire positions are intended to help students pay for school through part-time employment. These positions are available both on and off-campus.

Participation is optional but offers benefits including:


A work-study award does not guarantee employment. If you do not receive a work-study award, you can apply for on-campus Institutional Hire positions.
Once you have received a Work Study position, please read the Student Employment Handbook for more detailed information regarding student employment.

Start here:

  1. Log into the My Clark@Clark using your Clark Lab Account username and password.
  2. Click on the "Student Employment" tab.
  3. Complete the quiz and disclosure.

All student employment positions recommend a current Career Center approved resume. Any questions regarding resumes must be directed to Career Services. 

Work Study and Institutional Hire Descriptions

Financial Aid Work Study

In order to apply for Work Study positions you must:

  • Have a current financial aid Work Study offer
  • Be classified as a Washington State resident
  • Enroll in 6 or more credits

WorkFirst Work Study

This is a grant funded program managed by the Workforce Education Services office. The eligibility requirements for WorkFirst are:
  • Program participants must be TANF recipients (verified by Workforce Education Services)
  • Enroll in 6 credits or more

Institutional Hire


In order to apply for Institutional Hire positions, you must be registered for a minimum of six (6) credits and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.

  • The six (6) credit enrollment requirement is waived over summer quarter but you must be pre-enrolled for fall quarter or sign an Intent to Enroll form in your Student Employment Quiz section.

Once you have received an Institutional Hire position, please read the Student Employment Handbook for more detailed information regarding student employment.

Jobs are only available on-campus for Institutional Hire.

Contact for questions about Institutional Hire (IH).

Federal Work Study – On-Campus

Federal Work Study positions are generally located on the Clark College campus. These positions are not required to be related to a student's major and pay the current minimum wage.

Community service jobs are available on campus. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are interested in community service positions.

State Work Study – On- and Off-Campus

The State Work Study Program is funded by the Washington State Legislature and administered by the Washington Student Achievement Council (WASC) through the college Work Study Office. These funds are generally used for on and off-campus jobs, which are relevant to your major or hold career interest. There may be a select number of State Work Study positions on campus each year.

Employers are reimbursed a percentage of the student's salary. The rate of pay is comparable to that of other employees in that organization engaged in similar work. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are interested in State Work Study positions.