Co-op/Internship Student Resources
Cooperative Education is an academic program that allows you to earn college credit for a work experience related to your major. It improves your ability to make the transition from school to work, following completion or near-completion of a degree or certificate program. Co-ops/Internships may be paid or non-paid positions with for-profit or non-profit organizations.
Arranging Your Internship
- Arrange your internship position with an appropriate employer–
- You may utilize the Clark College Career Center to do research to locate a company where you may be interested in doing a Co-op/Internship; another resource you can utilize in your search for an Internship is Clark College's online Job board Penguin Jobs
- You can speak with an instructor in the department of your major field of study
- You can get other ideas from Clark College’s Co-op/Internship Program Coordinator
- Meet with your work supervisor and discuss tentative learning objectives
- Meet with your instructor to discuss Co-op 199 requirements and deadlines, and to finalize learning objectives
- Register for Co-op 199 (your instructor will give you the code to use when registering)
- Register for Co-op companion class, depending on your major (BTEC 141, 143 or 145; BTEC 147, HDEV 195, 198 or 200)
Students starting the Co-op process will need the following forms.
Another resource you can utilize in your search for a Co-op/Internship job is Clark
College's Job Database Penguin Jobs.
Getting your Co-op/Internship Approved
Once you have secured a Co-op/Internship, you need to see an instructor about signing up for the credits for the quarter (1-5 variable credits). If you don't know who the instructor is for your major, contact the Co-op office at 992-2391.
Registering for a Co-op/Internship Seminar Class
You may be advised that you need to sign up for a co-op seminar class depending on your major and the ratio of credits to hours that you plan to work.
- Co-op Credit Requirements
- 199 Course Syllabus
- (199) Course Requirements
- Resume Example- Internship
- Cover Letter Example–Internship
International Co-op/Internship Positions
Students interested in pursuing options outside the US should check out IE3 Global Internships website.