Important Dates and Deadlines
Faculty/Staff Advising Handbook (requires log in)
Advising Services provides assistance for students seeking educational planning. Advisors help students understand degree requirements, registration procedures, transfer information, and college policies. For more detailed information about what advising entails, please visit the Advising Syllabus.
If you are a new, transfer, or returning student, please see our New Student Checklist to find out what you need to get started or return to Clark.
Hours and Location
Office: Advising Department, Gaiser Hall 108
Phone: (360) 992-2345 Fax: (360) 992-2985
Tuesdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Drop-in visits only:
Mondays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fridays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
NOTES FOR DROP-IN DAYS:
- Students experience the longest wait times during the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. if they are seeking to meet with an advisor. We recommend that you plan around these peak times to maximize your access to our advisors.
- Check in times for students will end prior to the Advising Department closing time–this varies according to how many students are in line to see an advisor.
Additional advising information
- Penguin Welcome Days - Advising Services Session
- How to Prepare for an Advising Session
- Advising Event Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
Important information about appointments
Appointments are scheduled up to two weeks in advance and are only available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. To schedule an appointment, please call Advising at 360-992-2345.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you check-in late, you should not expect to be seen, and you will need to reschedule.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call Advising Services to avoid being recorded as a “no show” appointment. Students with two or more “no show” appointments within the past year will be restricted to walk-in advising services only.
Advisors are available on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Check-in ends 45 minutes prior to closing unless the volume of students dictates an earlier time.