Meet the Career Services Team
- Director of Career Services
- (360) 992 - 2239
- Edie has been the Director of Career Services since Fall of 1998. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Leadership Studies and a Master's degree in College Student Services Administration from Oregon State University. Prior to coming to Clark College Edie worked at Oregon State University in Career Services where she coordinated Career Fairs, managed Employment Services, and conducted career counseling and employer development.
Favorite Resource: quintcareers.com (Quintessential Careers)
Favorite Quote: "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically... Intelligence plus character–that is the goal of true education." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Program Specialist 2
- (360) 992 - 2964
- Scott Clemans joined Career Services as Employer Relations Specialist in March 2017. He works with area businesses and other organizations to identify jobs, internships and other career development opportunities for Clark College students, alumni and community members. Scott has over 15 years of public relations experience, and has taught at several area colleges and universities. He earned a master’s degree in Communication Studies from Portland State University, and is also a U.S. Department of Defense Information School graduate.
Favorite Resource: The Portland and Vancouver Business Journals
Favorite Quote: "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." - George Harrison
- Program Specialist 2
- (360) 992 - 2154
- Trisha holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and Business Administration from the University of San Diego, and a Master of Science degree in Higher Education Leadership and Policy from Portland State University. Within her graduate program she completed a specialization in Post-Secondary, Adult and Continuing Education, with emphasis in adult learning and student development. She also holds a graduate certificate in Student Affairs, and Training & Development. She has worked in higher education in a variety of roles as a mentor, program assistant, student success coach, and instructor. She was a student success coach working with a variety of adult students pursuing undergraduate degrees, where she helped students develop the skills needed to be academically successful, guiding them to achieve their educational and career goals and most recently the Instructional Support Student Navigator for the Health e-Workforce Consortium for Clark College in Vancouver, Washington.
Favorite Resource: mindfulness resource calm and finding inspiration on Pinterest.
Favorite Quote: “Set aside your doubts. Quiet the thoughts that say you aren’t good enough, important enough, capable enough to begin. Tell them you can’t listen because today you trust yourself. Today, you believe in your heart. Today you tell the small voice inside you’re giving it a chance. Be bold, be strong, fight on.” M.H. Clark
- Associate Director of Career Services
- (360) 992 - 2071
- Catharine assists groups and individuals with career exploration and has managed the resources of the Career Center since 2005. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Education from the University of Vermont and a Masters of Public Affairs from Washington State University. Cath draws from extensive work, travel and interpersonal experiences to help bring career information to life.
Favorite Resource: "It's a toss-up between CIS (the Oregon Career Information System) and the Counselor/career class instructors here at Clark; both provide a wealth of information."
Favorite Quote: What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
- Program Specialist 2
- (360) 992 - 2019
- Katlyn joined Career Services as the Financial Wellness Coach in November 2018. An alumna of Clark College (2016), she also possesses a Bachelors of Science in Psychology, and a Masters of Science in Educational Leadership and Policy, both from Portland State University. With a background of working in academic advising and admissions, Katlyn finds purpose in supporting students navigate the higher education system. She believes that students are much more than their education, and with some guidance, support, resources, and a positive mindset, will go on to achieve much more than they think they are capable of.
Favorite Resource: Mint.com is the website I come back to time and time again when it comes to tracking my expenses for my spending plan. I'm able to make my own categories, add notes to transactions, and even split a transaction if necessary. Checking Mint.com regularly even helped me catch immediately when someone else was making charges on my credit card so that I could freeze the card before too many transactions went through!
Favorite Quote: "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
- Career Advisor
- (360) 992 - 2066
- Patrick joined the Career Services team in September of 2014. He provides one-on-one career advising and group presentations related to career exploration and choosing a program of study. He earned a bachelor and master degree from George Fox University. He brings experience in career development program management, career and academic advising, student retention, and job placement.
Favorite Resource: Oregon Career Information System and WOIS/The Career Information System.
Favorite Quote: You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C. S. Lewis