Meet with a Career Advisor for personalized guidance
Get personalized guidance with career and academic planning topics such as:
- Identifying your interests, strengths, and possible careers
- Career decision-making process and strategies
- Selecting good-fit programs of study and longer-range goal-setting
- Choosing a major and university for transfer (if applicable)
- Use of career exploration resources - job and industry descriptions, labor market information, and career assessments
- Experiential learning through conversations with professionals, job shadowing, clubs, community activities and student employment
- Developing your timeline for reaching your career goals
What to expect
During the appointment, we may ask some questions to learn more about you – your interests, your work/life experiences, etc.
We do not require that you bring anything with you; however, it may be useful to jot down a few notes ahead of time. The following items can be used as conversational tools, and we welcome you to bring any of these to the appointment with you:
- Your questions, goals or motivations for career/academic planning
- Notes/thoughts about your career interests, what you enjoy doing, and learning about
- Results from previous career assessment(s)
Scheduling an appointment
Drop by Career Services in the lower level of Penguin Union Building (PUB) 002, or call 360-992-2155.
Appointments are 50 minutes; follow-up appointments are available.