Career assessments are useful for gaining insight and expanding awareness for your career and academic planning. There are different options for career assessments, from brief to in-depth, and with focus on interests, personality preferences, skills, or values. Review the options below and determine what seems right for you.
You may meet with a Career Advisor for additional guidance about career assessment options and to discuss the results from an assessment. To schedule an appointment or learn more, contact Career Services at 360-992-2902 or email us at Career Services.
The SuperStrong assessment is a shortened version of the Strong Interest Inventory (see below). This interest-based assessment helps you see where your interests intersect with potential academic major and career possibilities.
- Eligibility: Everyone is welcome to use this assessment.
- Time: Online assessment takes about 5 minutes to complete, plus about 15 minutes to review results.
- Cost: No cost, available to anyone.
- Results: Electronic results available immediately through the Superstrong website; results are self-interpretable.
- Begin here - SuperStrong
Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
The Strong Interest Inventory® provides robust insight into a person’s interests and career motivators and helps you identify aligned careers and educational programs.
- Availability: The Strong Interest Inventroy is currently available to prospective and current Clark students, and Clark alumni.
- Time: It takes about 30 minutes to complete the assessment online and an additional 90 minutes to review your results at a group interpretation session.
- Cost: No cost for those who meet eligibility criteria above.
- Results: At the group session, you will receive a 14-page packet (electronically), including the Profile Report, College Edition + Interpretative Report.
- Next Session: November 16, 3:30pm-5:00pm, via Zoom (Zoom meeting link will be sent to confirmed participants before the group session).
- Sign up: To sign up for the next available group session, please call Career Services at 360-992-2902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Career Assessment" in the subject line. Please complete the assessment at least 24 hours BEFORE the group session.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is the most-widely-used assessment for personality type preferences. The MBTI identifies and describes your strengths and unique preferences and helps you answer the questions: "How does my personality inform my choice of work environment?" or "What careers are popular among people with my personality type?"
- Eligibility: The MBTI is currently available only to prospective and current Clark student, and Clark Alumni.
- Time: It takes about 30 minutes to complete this assessment online and an additional 90 minutes to review your results at a group interpretation session.
- Cost: No cost for those who meet eligibility criteria above.`
- Results: At the group session, a 10-page Career Report is provided (electronically).
- Next Session: November 17, 3:30pm-5:00pm, via Zoom (Zoom meeting link will be sent to confirmed participants before the group sesson).
- Sign up: To sign up for the next available group session, call Career Services at 360-992-2902 or email email@example.com with "Career Assessment" in the subject line. Please complete the assessment at least 24 hours BEFORE the group session.
Additional Career Assessments
Career Services provides several other career assessments. The following websites provide career assessments which require login information, which can be obtained by Clark College students through the MyClark@Clark page by selecting the "Career Resources" link. All others may obtain the login information by contacting Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-992-2902.
- Interest Profiler - identify your interests and related careers
- Skills - identify your skills and related careers
- Work Important Locator - identify your work values and related careers
- Reality Check - determine the costs of your desired lifestyle and whether your career interests will provide the necessary salary
- The Roadmap - discover careers which represents the intersection of your interests
Please contact Career Services at 360-992-2902 or email@example.com with questions about these career assessments.