New Student Orientation
Welcome to Clark College! We want to provide you with the warmest welcome possible and give you the tools you need to start your college journey with us. If you are a new student starting at Clark College, you are required to attend an Orientation on campus before registering for classes.
Before you attend an Orientation, you must...
- Apply for Clark College and pay the $25 application fee on the Apply Now webpage.
- Complete placement by submitting placement materials or taking our placement tests. Vist the Assessement and Placement to view your placement options.
If you have already completed these steps, you are ready to attend an Orientation! Check back here to sign-up for an upcoming Orientation.
What should I expect at my Orientation?
Your Orientation will last 3 hours and includes four different sessions: Intro to Clark College, Career Planning, Financial Wellness and Academic Planning. During your Orientations sessions, you will form goals for your entire time at Clark College and beyond.
At your sessions...
- Learn about Clark College and receive student success tips
- Establish your goals with a career plan from Career Services
- Start your financial plan with financial wellness coaches
- Create an academic plan with Advising Services
- Meet fellow students and staff prior to the first day of class
What should I bring to my Orientation?
- Paper and a pen
- A snack and water
- Photo ID
Where should I go for my Orientation?
Your Orientation takes place on the Clark College main campus. Students should check-in at the Student Center in Gaiser Hall. View the Campus Map for directions.
Clark College, Main Campus
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, Washington 98664
Parking is free on campus (exceptions: a few metered spots and spots marker F/S). Feel free to park in any un-marked spot.
I finished Orientation! Now what?
You can register for classes when your Orientation is complete. Be sure to check your MyClark account for your registration date and time. Also, pay close attention to other upcoming deadlines, like class times and tuition deadlines.
During your Orientation, you will create some important (and helpful!) documents that you will want to reference later, so be sure you keep them in a safe place.
For more information about orientation, contact email@example.com or (360) 699-NEXT