Getting Help with Canvas and Technology
If you need technical support or assistance, please follow these general guidelines:
When to visit the TechHub
The TechHub is a one-stop solution for students and college employees needing technical assistanct. The TechHub is staffed with experienced agents able to assist with Canvas, email, logins, and much more, including:
- Canvas assistance (not coursework--contact your instructor or Tutoring for course assistance)
- computer lab and student wireless (Wi-fi) login and troubleshooting
- student Gmail accounts
- Office 365 access and downloads
- mobile device connectivity
- course-specific software and eBooks
- eTutoring login issues
- online student services
- computer usage and troubleshooting
See the TechHub website for location, current hours and contact information. The TechHub is available via email, phone, and walk-up service on the main floor of the Cannell Library.
Consult Canvas Guides
Guides for use of Canvas tools and features are available under the Canvas Help menu.
When to file a Canvas support ticket - 24/7/365
For online support on technical issues with Canvas, submitting a Tech Ticket is the fastest way to resolution.
- Go to the Canvas page where you were experiencing the issue
- Create a Canvas ticket by clicking in Canvas on the left side, and then .
- If you cannot log into Canvas, there is also a Help link in the footer of the Canvas login page.
- You can file a ticket 24/7/365.
When to contact your instructor
When your question is course-specific rather than technology-specific, contact your instructor. Examples of course-specific questions include:
- finding assignments/content in the course
- details related to submitting coursework
- clarification on coursework instructions
- late submissions/extensions (both tests and assignments)
- retaking tests or make-up tests
- course-related software other than Canvas (i.e. MyMathLab, SAM, etc)
NOTE: For issues with course-related software or websites you may also need to contact the company's technical support.
If you do not know how to contact your instructor, use the Clark College search for Faculty and Staff for email or telephone information.