Transfer Information

Upcoming Events

Colleges and universities hold events for prospective transfer students including group advising and preview days. Check with your transfer institution about opportunities to connect and timelines for applying. We will update this page with any great opportunities for you to connect with transfer institutions!

Seattle University is offering virtual appointments as well as virtual drop-ins where students can ask questions in an informal, group environment. Their Fall 2023 admission deadline is August 15th so check out the Seattle University transfer admissions website or email them at

Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Transfer:

How do I transfer credits/units into Clark College?

  • Apply to Clark College first.
  • Order an official transcript from every institution that you have attended and send it to Enrollment Services at
  • It takes 4-6 weeks for your official transcript to be evaluated and credits applied to your Clark College program. You will receive an email notifying you of when this happens so you can then work with an academic advisor to make a plan for your degree path.

Apply to Clark

How do I transfer credits/units from Clark College to another institution?

  • To order official transcripts from Clark College, please visit the Transcripts & Grades webpage. 
  • Once on the page, please read the instrctions and click on the "Order a Transcript Now" button. This will send you to the National Clearinghouse.
  • Ordering your official transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse allows you to order, pay for, and track your transcript online. There will be a $5.25 charge for each official transcript ordered (includes processing fee). A rush transcript option is available for $17.50 (includes processing fee).

Transcripts & Grades Webpage

University Advising at Clark College

  • University advisors often come to Clark College to meet with prospective students and provide information.
  • A Washington State University Vancouver admissions counselor is stationed within Advising Services.

Schedule an Appointment with a WSU-Vancouver Admissions Counselor

What are transfer degrees?

  • Clark College offers various types of transfer degress: general AA/DTA, Major Related Programs (MRP), and the Associate of Science Tracks 1 and 2. Transfer degrees are designed for students planning to transfer to a 4-year university to pursue a bachelor's degree. The focus is on completing the first two years of general education requirements and, depending on the major, some lower division courses.
  • The Associate of Arts, Direct Transfer Agreement (AA/DTA) degree will automatically waive all general education coursework for most public universities within the state of Washington.
  • Most students are granted junior level standing upon completion of the transfer degree.
  • Please talk with your advisor about plans to transfer and to make sure you are in the right degree for your major.