High School Transcripts
Students have multiples ways of placing into English and math classes at Clark College.
Some students will be able to use their high school transcript as a way of placing into English and/or math classes at Clark College.
English placement using high school transcript
- Your GPA from high school is one of the multiple measures available at Clark College and may be used for English placement.
- You will use this assessment measure if you are currently enrolled in high school from the second semester of 10th grade or graduated. Any year high school graduates will place with this method, this option does not expire.
Math placement using high school transcript
- Your high school transcript is one of the multiple measures available at Clark College and may be used for math placement.
- If you took a qualifying high school math class and meet the requirement from a district listed below, you can use this measure for placement if you are currently enrolled in high school from the second semester of 10th grade or within one year of graduation. This placement option expires one year from graduation date.
Please refer to the high school math Crosswalk chart for your high school to see your math placement options. The high schools listed on the math Crosswalk chart are eligible for placement into math classes at Clark College. Students whose school is not listed, can submit high school transcript, with qualifying class and grades, and Smarter Balanced scores for review and possible placement.
Math Crosswalk Chart
Ways to submit your High School transcripts for placement
- After you apply for admission and receive your ctcLink ID, complete the Self-Report Your GPA when you first log into MyClark@Clark. This is usually the fastest way to get your placement in ctcLink so you can register for classes.
- After you apply for admission and receive your ctcLink ID, send an email to email@example.com stating your high school GPA for English placement. Provide your name and ctcLink ID in the email.
- Copy of official or unofficial high school transcript showing math*. Please scan and email the document(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and ctcLink ID in the email. * All documents are subject to review.
When the college reopens, documents may be submitted, with photo ID, to Enrollment Services in Gaiser Hall.