Enrolling in Transitional Studies

Enrolling in Transition Studies Coursework (High School 21+, ESL or Career and Academic Prep)

CASAS (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems)

CASAS is a competency based test that determines placement in CAP (Career and Academic Preparation) coursework (GED & High School 21+), English as a Second Language and the I-Best program. CASAS tests subjects may include: reading, math, listening and speaking. 

What do I need to do to get started?

CASAS is available on a walk-in basis, along with picture ID, in the T-Building through Transitional Studies.

Basic Education Students Transitioning to College Level Coursework

Continuing students who are ready to transition from Basic Education coursework into a college level math and/or English course must complete the ALEKS Math Assessment and/or English placement options to determine course level.