Frequently Asked FERPA Questions

Where can I get a copy of the law?

Information about FERPA is available at:

Why can't I get my son / daughter's grades / schedule? I'm paying the bills!

FERPA does not permit Clark College to release non-directory information without the signed consent of your son or daughter.  This signed consent must be on file in the Registrar's office.

How can I pay my son / daughter's account if you can't even tell me how much they owe?

Your child will either have to verbally inform you about their financial account or they will have to provide a signed consent authorizing you to receive and inspect their financial statements.

Can I have my directory information released to just my parents?

No, a student does not have the right to request non-disclosure to a particular person or group of persons.