Running Start for New Students
Your Guide to Becoming a Running Start Student
Print the following checklist as your guide to apply and enroll in the Running Start program.
- Apply for Admissions.
- Pay the $25 application fee.
- Get your Student ID Number (SID) from Enrollment Services office (by email or in-person).
- If you come to campus to get your SID, you must bring picture indentification with you.
- Bring proof of eligibility to the Enrollment Services office (details are in the printable Fall 2018 information above).
- Schedule an advising appointment (360) 992-2345.
- Meet with high school counselor to complete Enrollment Verification Form.
- Turn in your Enrollment Verification Form to Enrollment Services in Gaiser Hall.
- Register for classes online.
- Pay fees:
- Running Start (RS) is not 100% free. RS Students pay $7.25 per credit, plus class fees.
- The college must waive "non-consumable" fees for eligible low-income students. To qualify for this waiver please submit the Running Start Fee Waiver Form.
- Purchase books - Fall Quarter books available in late August.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- Classes begin - Monday, September 24
- Last day to register online - Tuesday, September 25
- Instructor permission required to register - Wednesday, September 26
- Last day for 100% refund - Friday, September 28
- Last day to drop without a "W" - Friday, October 5
- Late registration fee begins - Monday, October 8
“I enjoyed my teachers the most through my Running Start experience! They really care about your progress in their courses and will take time to help with ideas that are hard to understand. Also, they take the subjects that you are learning and offer real world applications of how you can go out and use the knowledge that you obtain.” - Student, Running Start class of 2015
“I loved the college atmosphere, the freedom in making schedules (freedom in class times and subjects), the more interesting classes available, and the help with future tuition costs for a four-year university.” - Student, Running Start class of 2014