Information for Students
Your Guide to Becoming a Running Start Student
Print the following checklist as your guide to apply and enroll in the Running Start program.
- Apply for Admissions
- Pay the $25 application fee.
- Get your Student ID Number (SID) from Enrollment Services office.
- Bring proof of qualification to the Running Start office (Details are in the printable checklist above.)
- Complete online orientation.
- Meet with high school counselor to complete Enrollment Verification Form.
- Register for classes online.
- Purchase books and arrange for transportation.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- Monday, March 13 - Enrollment Verification Form deadline for spring quarter
- Monday, March 20 - Payment deadline for spring quarter
- Monday, April 10 - Spring Quarter classes begin
“I enjoyed my teachers the most through my Running Start experience! They really care about your progress in their courses and will take time to help with ideas that are hard to understand. Also, they take the subjects that you are learning and offer real world applications of how you can go out and use the knowledge that you obtain.” - Student, Running Start class of 2015
“I loved the college atmosphere, the freedom in making schedules (freedom in class times and subjects), the more interesting classes available, and the help with future tuition costs for a four-year university.” - Student, Running Start class of 2014