Community Resources for Dreamers
House Bill signed into law by Governor Gary Locke on May 7, 2003. It allows undocumented students to pay in-state tuition at state colleges and universities. Students must have lived in WA state for at least 3 years and have attained their high school diploma or GED.
The student needs to sign an affidavit in order to receive or be eligible for HB 1079.
DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- Safe guards from deportation
- Attain a work permit for 2 years
- Stops unlawful status for 3 to 10 year bans under 18 years
- Does not equal citizenship
- Does not allow you to obtain a driver's license or in-state tuition if your state does not allow it
To be eligible for DACA, you must:
- Be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Have entered the US under the age of 16 years
- Have continued residence is US since June 15, 2007
- Have been present in the US on June 15, 2012 and when making the request
- Currently be in school or graduated
You can find more information at www.unitedwedream.org