Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee
A career as a hygienist offers a wide range of opportunities. Services provided by dental hygienists include patient assessment procedures, managing and treating periodontal conditions, placing and finishing dental restorative materials, applying preventive materials to the teeth, teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene to maintain oral health, nutrition counseling, teeth whitening services, performing documentation and office management activities, developing and implementing community oral health programs, and more.
Next Advisory Meeting
Monday, October 21, 2019
6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Health Sciences Building, Room 139
Congratulations to the Dental Hygiene Students, Faculty and Staff!
100% of the students passed these exams in 2018:
- The National Board Exam (an 8-hour written exam)
- The Restorative Exam (placement and finishing of amalgam [silver] and compositve [white] fillings)
- The Anesthesia Written Exam
- The Anesthesia Clinical Exam (accurately administer the 2 most difficult injections on a patient)
- Hygiene Clinical Exam (thoroughly remove tenacious calculus [tartar] from a patient's teeth with severe periodontitis [gum disease])
- The Ethical Board Exam
Committee Chair: Melody Scheer
Committee Vice Chair: Trisha Simcox, RDH
If you are a committee member and would like a copy of the roster, please contact the advisory committee coordinator at email@example.com