Celebrate who you are and how far you have come! Be a Wellness Champion!
Clark College Wellness Champions are employees from all departments and employee groups who are committed to supporting the college’s initiative to make employee health and wellness a priority. They support the Healthy Penguin Nation Program by sharing wellness information with their co-workers, participating in wellness activities and events, and encouraging their colleagues to get involved.
The ideal Champion is not someone who is necessarily the most fit, but someone who understands the importance of making healthier choices and is enthusiastic in their approach to health and wellness. For more information, contact Vanessa Neal.
Tips for becoming a Wellness Champion
Submit your testimonial
Share your wellness story (achievements and setbacks) with the community.Can you relate to any of these examples? If so, send your submission to Vanessa Neal.
- Losing weight and keeping it off
- Quitting smoking and how it finally worked
- How you finally stopped all of your prescriptions
- Getting your routine underway after years of trying
- Understanding that quitting cigarettes takes many tries
- Feeling overwhelmed due to enthusiasm and needing to stop everything to get back on track
- Sustaining an injury and finding the will to start again
- Dealing with weight gain due to life challenges
- Making realistic timelines for wellness goals
Participate in an activity or event
- Organize a walk with others
- Create a buddy wellness system for you and another person
- Help to spread the word on wellness activities and events
- Share your story with others to help them move forward with theirs
- Provide support to someone starting out or needing more motivation
- Email your department about upcoming wellness activities and events
- Announce wellness events and initiatives during departmental meetings
- Encourage walking meetings
- Be an advocate for wellness needs within your department