Teaching and Learning Center
Established in 2006, the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) facilitates student learning by providing the professional development resources that lead to the growth and success of Clark faculty and staff.
We support the college's mission, vision, and core themes by promoting a learning-centered community that supports teaching and service excellence in a collaborative environment.
Professional Development Partners
We support the professional development work of many departments at Clark College:
- Human Resources provides training and resources related to workplace policies and procedures, personal, professional, and performance development, benefits, and employee relations to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce that contributes to student learning.
- The Office of Diversity and Equity provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, and social justice.
- eLearning offers online learning opportunities for employees as well as students. Faculty members, in particular, are encouraged to take advantage of the many training opportunities for Canvas, Quality Matters, and other certified courses.
- Information Technology Services provides IT infrastructure, equipment, on-campus trainings, and support services for students and employees to help them meet their educational and work objectives.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) offers safety training, ergonomic consultations, recycling, and composting resources.
Follow Teaching and Learning CenterYouTube
Fall Orientation | September 15 - 22
Fall Orientation is dedicated to Clark College faculty with six days of unit and department meetings, training and curriculum planning before the start of fall quarter.
Focus on Learning 2017-2018
Drawing from the six goals of the Academic Plan, 2017-2018 Focus on Learning events will explore student engagement and social equity to increase student learning.
Staff Teaching and Learning Days | August 15 &16
Teaching and Learning Days is dedicated to classified, part-time, and administrative/exempt employees of Clark College. These two days to provide an opportunity to add to your professional skills, learn more about the changes occurring across the college, and take a little time for yourself through personal growth activities.
Programs & Services
The Teaching and Learning Center offers classroom space, computers and a library collection dedicated to teaching and learning.
The Learning Lab (GHL 207) accommodates up to 20 people while the Learning Studio (GHL 205) can hold up to 40. There are 20 laptop computers available for use in either room, as well as web-conferencing capabilities and a Smart Classroom podium. The Resource Area (GHL 206) features a dedicated library with books available for checkout to employees exclusively. There's also a kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, ice, and coffee maker.
We offer and support a variety of employee programs and resources, including:
- Professional Development Funding*
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teaching & Learning Library
- Teaching Squares
- YouTube - ClarkCollegeTLC
*Administered by affiliated departments such as eLearning, Human Resources, Risk Management, Information Technology Services, and Office of Diversity and Equity.
If you need accommodation due to a disability in order to fully participate in any of these events, you should contact Clark College’s Disability Support Services Office at (360) 992-2314 or (360) 991-0901 (VP), or visit PUB 013 as soon as possible.