The Penguin Pantry will be closed for Summer Break starting Friday, June 21, 2019. We will re-open for Summer Quarter on Monday, July 8, 2019.
All non-perishable donations can be dropped off at the Counseling & Health Center (CHC), located in Health Sciences (HSC) room 124, during the break period. Please call the CHC for break hours at 360.992.2614.
Welcome to Clark College's Penguin Pantry!
The Penguin Pantry supports a healthy college community by reducing hunger on campus and connecting students to essential resources. It provides students with a safe, comfortable place to get something to eat, pick up a necessity, and connect with additional resources and services as needed. These include counseling, public benefits, and more connection to local food banks and other local resources.
How does it work?
- You must be a part-time or full-time student enrolled in the current academic quarter.
- Select your items based on food/supply service.
- Check-out your items at the front table.with the staff member.
- Scan your student id card or type your Student ID number; you'll be asked to verify your last name.
We offer the following types of food/supply services:
- Grab-to-go snacks: Three (3) snacks and one (1) drink, one visit per school day.
- Grocery: Six (6) items one visit per school week (Monday-Friday).
- Toiletries and school supplies: Take what you need.
Thank you for supporting students with your donation!
We are always seeking donations of unexpired, unopened food items, gift cards, and toiletries. Items needed, as of 06/07/19 include:
- Boxed meals
- Canned foods
- Dairy products
- Dried fruits/nuts
- Dried beans/pastas/potatoes/rices
- Ethnic foods
- Fresh breads/produce
- Frozen foods
- Gluten-free food items
- Granola bars
- Juices/drink mixes
- Microwaveable meals
- Non-dairy milks (almond/coconut/rice/soy)
- Pre-packaged bulk items
- Protein-rich snacks
- Single-serving beverages
- Sugar-free food items
- Vegan/vegetarian-friendly food items
- Bath wash/Soap
- Disposable razors
- Full-size Bath wash/soap
- Full-size Shampoo/Conditioner
- Menstrual products
- Graphing calculators
- Loose-leaf filler paper
- Boxed tissue
- Disinfecting wipes
- Disposable, microwavable bowls
- To-go coffee cups w/lids
- Snack-size bags
Please bring your donations to:
- The Penguin Pantry during operating hours.
- Counseling and Health Center, Health Sciences Building (HSC) Room 124, outside of pantry operating hours.
Cash donations can be submitted through the Clark College Foundation. Please select "other" and type in "Penguin Pantry".
Interested in volunteering?
Currently, volunteers are accepted for class service projects only.
Please contact us for more information.
Visit or Contact Us
Science Building Complex (SCI ), Room 101
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663
Summer Operating Hours
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The Penguin Pantry is supported by a cross-college collaboration, which includes Associated Students of Clark College, Career Services, Counseling & Health Services, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Office of Instruction, Office of Student Affairs, Tod & Maxine McClaskey Culinary Institute, Transitional Studies, and Workforce Education Services.
Clark College's Penguin Pantry is a proud member of the College/University Food Bank Alliance (CUFBA)