Clark College 2019-2021 Strategic Plan - Interim
Clark College inspires learners to excel, transforms lives, and strengthens our increasingly diverse community.
Clark College, in service to the community, guides individuals to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions for intellectual growth through scholarship, discovery, application, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Increase completion rates.
- Improve student learning.
Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions that improve educational outcomes and eliminate systemic disparities among all groups.
- Eliminate racial disparities in educational outcomes.*
- Improve intercultural and multicultural competencies among students and employees (including educational opportunities and institutionalizing hiring and retention practices that challenge systems of power, privilege and inequity).
View the college's Social Equity Plan
Facilitate student learning by providing programs, services, and conditions that improve the economic well-being of the students, college, and community.
- Ensure graduates are employed in livable wage jobs either directly after professional/technical program or after successful transfer to four-year institution.
- Reduce the cost of education.
- Align program offerings with regional workforce needs to include technical and work-readiness skills.
Facilitate student learning by providing the conditions that continually improve the college’s physical, virtual, and social environment.
- Develop and improve sustainable environmental, physical, virtual, and social college systems.
Institutional commitment to produce equitable outcomes and challenge systems of power, privilege, and inequity.
Collaboration with individuals, organizations, and businesses to increase student success and improve the community.
Development and implementation of creative and agile strategies to enhance student learning and respond to market needs.
Effective and efficient stewardship of all college resources.
Evaluation and enhancement of all college operations based on data-informed planning and resource allocation.
Clear communication, inclusive consultation, and respectful consideration of multiple perspectives guide decision-making throughout the college.