Meet the Career Services Team
- Secretary Supervisor
- (360) 992 - 2517
- Name: Natasha Curtis (she/her)
Assignment: Front Office Supervisor & Institutional Hire Administrator
Clark College Student Employee: Sept 2018-July 2019
Clark College Staff Employee: since April 2022
AAS Business Administration – Clark College 2019
AAS Marketing – Clark College 2019
BAS Applied Management - Clark College Anticipated Graduation 2026
Journey through Clark:
I started as a student at Clark College in 2016 and as I became more aware that there was employment at Clark, I applied for a student position in Career Services as an Employment Assistant in 2017. My experience of working on-campus while attending full-time, was the best learning experience on how to manage my time, I gained incredible work ethic and grew confidence in who I was and what I wanted to do for my future. After I graduated, I explored a few different jobs which were not exactly what I wanted to continue in, but I was drawn back to Clark because of my experiences. I applied again to be a full-time staff member as a graduate and got the job back into Career Services again. It all came full circle, and it was the best decision I have made for my career path. The support I have received from 2016 to now from everyone at Clark College, is something I will inspire to share onto others who want to work at Clark while being an awesome student!
- Career Advisor
- (360) 992 - 2154
- Trisha holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and Business Administration from the University of San Diego, and a Master of Science degree in Higher Education Leadership and Policy from Portland State University. Within her graduate program she completed a specialization in Post-Secondary, Adult and Continuing Education, with emphasis in adult learning and student development. She also holds a graduate certificate in Student Affairs, and Training & Development. She has worked in higher education in a variety of roles as a mentor, program assistant, student success coach, and instructor. She was a student success coach working with a variety of adult students pursuing undergraduate degrees, where she helped students develop the skills needed to be academically successful, guiding them to achieve their educational and career goals and most recently the Instructional Support Student Navigator for the Health e-Workforce Consortium for Clark College in Vancouver, Washington.
Favorite Resource: mindfulness resource calm and finding inspiration on Pinterest.
Favorite Quote: “Set aside your doubts. Quiet the thoughts that say you aren’t good enough, important enough, capable enough to begin. Tell them you can’t listen because today you trust yourself. Today, you believe in your heart. Today you tell the small voice inside you’re giving it a chance. Be bold, be strong, fight on.” M.H. Clark
- Associate Director of Career Services
- (360) 992 - 2071
- Catharine assists groups and individuals with career exploration and has managed the resources of the Career Center since 2005. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Education from the University of Vermont and a Masters of Public Affairs from Washington State University. Cath draws from extensive work, travel and interpersonal experiences to help bring career information to life.
Favorite Resource: "It's a toss-up between CIS (the Oregon Career Information System) and the Counselor/career class instructors here at Clark; both provide a wealth of information."
Favorite Quote: What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
- Workforce And Student Engageme
- (360) 992 - 2964
- Name: Alex Kison (she/her/hers)
Assignment: Workforce & Student Engagement Navigator (Career Services)
Clark College Employee: Since February 2022
Degree(s): Bachelor of Science in Community Health, Eastern Washington University
I have been supporting students and job seekers in their career endeavors for over 6 years. My experiences prior to Clark include serving as a Career Navigator/Admissions & Placement Counselor for Job Corps and a Curriculum Advisor for Spokane Community College, as well as roles in recruitment and business development. I enjoy working with the inclusive Clark community, especially students, and connecting them with equitable employment opportunities. When I'm not meeting with job seekers and employers, I enjoy being out in nature, traveling, and listening to podcasts.
- Program Specialist
- (360) 992 - 2391
Master of Science (in progress) – Teaching & Curriculum from Portland State University
Bachelor of Arts- Psychology with Women & Cultural Studies Minor from California Polytechnic University Humboldt
Clark Employee since September 2021
I have a wide array of experience that has given me a broad view of career possibilities and skills across many fields.
I have worked with individuals throughout the lifespan, from birth to seniors, in the areas of social work, education, recreational therapy, and vocational supports. I have had an emphasis on Special Education, Early Interventions, community-based supports, and extra focus working with individuals from systemically non-dominant groups. With my experience providing direct support in case management, the classroom, and as a supervisor and site manager in non-profit agencies, I offer a unique perspective as individuals prepare to enter the work force.
I participate in many forms of dance and perform Middle Eastern dance. I lead a group of dancers experiencing disabilities in addition to my work at Clark. I enjoy live music, creating art, volunteering with a dog rescue, hiking, camping, paddle boarding, swimming, and other adventures with my partner and dog. I have also competed in many triathlons, bike races, and distance running events and I am happiest when I am moving around in nature.
- Hourly Program Specialist
- Laurie has worked in Career Services since August 2011. She develops the Student Success workshop schedule each quarter, provides assistance to students and community members with career assessments and career exploration, and administrative support for the department. Laurie graduated from Clark College in June of 2013.
Favorite Resource: CIS
Favorite Quote: "Before you act, Listen. Before you react, Think. Before you spend, Earn. Before you criticize, Wait. Before you pray, Forgive. Before you quit, Try."