CTE Dual Credit

What is CTE Dual Credit?

Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Credit is a partnership between the college and high school partners designed to guide local students into high-skill and high-demand careers with local industries.

Formerly known as Tech Prep, CTE Dual Credit classes are taught at the high school or skills center and integrate academics with technical skills to help prepare students for advanced education and careers related to professional-technical occupations.

The high school or skills center class is articulated with a class at Clark College and students receive college credit while still in high school. All CTE Dual Credit courses offer high school and college credit for successfully completing the same class. CTE Dual Credit is a great way to explore career options and start earning college credit!

How to Get Started Earning CTE Dual Credit

  1. See your high school counselor to find out which classes are eligible.
  2. Enroll in a CTE Dual Credit class at your high school.
  3. Earn a B or higher grade in eligible classes.
  4. Follow the transcription process to transcribe free college credit.

CTE Dual Credit Transcription Process

Credits earned through the CTE Dual Credit program are not automatically transcribed to a Clark College transcript. Students follow three steps to have their credits transcribed. Read more below or download the Student Steps Guide for detailed instructions.

To transcribe your credit to a Clark College transcript:

  1. Register in SERS during the year you took the course.
  2. Apply for admissions to Clark College
  3. Send a request to have your CTE Dual Credits transcribed to dualcredit@clark.edu. Include your ctcLink SID and a list of the classes you would like to have transcribed. The process takes about two weeks and you will be notified when it is complete.

If you plan to attend another college or university rather than Clark College, then you will need to send your Clark College transcript to your college of choice after the credits are transcribed. Order your Clark College transcripts through Parchment.

Program Advantages

  • The CTE Dual Credit program is free so you save money on college tuition.
  • CTE Dual Credit is a college-bound program.
  • Students will be better prepared for college and career.
  • With a B or higher grade, students will earn high school and college credit. 

Information for School Districts

Articulations are approved on an annual basis. Articulation requests for the 2024-2025 school year must be received by April 26th, 2024 in order to be included in the signed agreement for the following academic year. 

To submit a new articulation request, please see the CTE Dual Credit Articulation Request Packet with processes and deadlines.

Articulation Request Checklist

Please include the following information when submitting an articulation request:

  1. CTE Dual Credit Program Course Articulation Application
  2. Program of Study
  3. Sample course assessment
  4. Sample course syllabus with learning outcomes and CTE Dual Credit syllabus statement

High School Partnerships