Teaching and Learning Center
Established in 2006, the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) facilitates student learning by providing the professional development resources that lead to the growth and success of Clark faculty and staff. We support Clark College's mission, vision, and core themes by promoting a learning-centered community that supports teaching and service excellence in a collaborative environment.
September 12, 2016
Opening Day - All Employees
A Clark College tradition. All employees gather to celebrate the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year. President Bob Knight greets the college community to kick off the academic year. Everyone is encouraged to attend the festivities September 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Clark College is closed to the public until 1:00 p.m. that day.
Clark faculty are back on campus for five days of unit and department meetings, training, and curriculum planning before the start of fall quarter September 19. For the schedule of events go to: http://www.clark.edu/tlc/fall-orientation-schedule.php
October 7, 2016
Outcomes Assessment Work Day -- Faculty
Learning & Assessment Day -- Staff
Classes are not in session and business offices are closed for all Clark employees to participate in employee development and outcomes assessment projects.If you need accommodation due to a disability in order to fully participate in any of these events, you should contact Clark College’s Disability Support Services Office at (360) 992-2314 or (360) 991-0901 (VP), or visit PUB 013 as soon as possible.
For more information on any of these upcoming events, contact the Teaching & Learning Center at email@example.com or 360-992-2069.
Partners in Professional Development
The Teaching and Learning Center supports the professional development work of many departments at Clark College:
- Human Resources provides training related to workplace policies and procedures, performance development, benefits, and employee relations to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce that contributes to student learning.
- The Office of Diversity and Equity provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, and social justice.
- eLearning offers online learning opportunities for employees as well as students. Faculty members, in particular, are encouraged to take advantage of the many training opportunities for Canvas, Quality Matters, and other certified courses.
- Information Technology Services provides IT infrastructure, equipment, on-campus trainings, and support services for students and employees to help them meet their educational and work objectives.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) offers safety training, ergonomic consultations, recycling, and composting resources.
Teaching and Learning Center
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
MS GHL 206
Vancouver, WA 98663