Counseling and Health Staff
Clark College counselors are available to help students make changes that will enable them to achieve success in their personal, academic, and professional lives. The counselors provide free, short-term, goal focused counseling. Counselors support students in self-development, goal setting, and problem solving to enhance student success. Academic and personal counseling is available. Please call (360) 992-2614 to schedule an appointment.
- (360) 992 - 2415
- Summer joined Clark College in 2016. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Human Sexuality from California State University at Northridge. She utilizes Cognitive Behavioral, Person Centered, Solution-Focused therapies and a smooshing of various tools to support all kinds of folks in engaging in their lives in a way that feels genuine to them.
- (360) 992 - 2848
- Shayna joined Clark College in 2012. She holds a master's degree in mental health counseling from Minnesota State University. She offers solution focused, strength-based counseling, and collaborates with each individual to create a course of action that will work best for them and deliver quick results. Her therapeutic style is person-centered, positive, and nonjudgmental. She feels that each person is the expert of their own life and that there are many ways to achieve success. She also firmly believes that asking for help is healthy, normal, and a sign of strength.
- Program Coordinator
- (360) 992 - 2264
- Marianne Luther has been the Program Coordinator at the Counseling and Health Center since July, 2014. She can help you set up appointments to visit with the counselors or the nurse practitioner, and is probably the first person you'll see when you visit the CHC. She also organizes events to educate students about mental and physical wellness, and coordinates with outside agencies to help them access available resources in the community. She is dedicated to making the Counseling and Health Center a safe and welcoming space for all Clark students.
- (360) 992 - 2804
- Bevyn joined Clark College in 2011. She is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who earned a master's degree in counseling psychology and a doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Pacific University. Her counseling approach incorporates cognitive behavior therapy, mindfulness-based therapies, psychodynamic and humanistic orientations. She attends to the developmental needs of each student and believes that individuals arrive to counseling at varying stages of change. She works to facilitate students' understanding of helpful/unhelpful behaviors and thoughts, help them move toward healthy change, and provide a safe environment to test out new ways of being and thinking to maximize academic and personal success.
- Adv Reg Nurse Practitioner
- (360) 992 - 2679
- Ashley Schumacher is a Board Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner who is happy to work with you on your health concerns. Ashley Schumacher brings 13 years of experience in the medical field, working in community health both in a clinic setting and doing home visits. She has a special interest in women’s health, nutrition, preventative medicine, as well as management of chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. She completed her undergraduate nursing degree at Oregon Health Sciences University in 2002, and received her masters from University of California San Francisco in 2009.