Participation in Commencement ceremony
The June commencement is a ceremony for those students who have completed or plan
to complete their degree or certificate during fall, winter or spring of the current
school year, or the summer quarter immediately following. Participation is not required.
Candidates must file their graduation application and cap and gown order by the appropriate deadline to be eligible. Ceremony participation does not guarantee degree completion.
In order to participate in the commencement ceremony a graduation application and
a cap and gown order form must be submitted by April 19, 2019.
If you did not get your application submitted by April 19 you may still walk, if you're eligible to graduate, please submit your graduation application to Advising Services to confirm eligibility. Extra caps and gowns will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Please note if you did not get your application in by April 19 your name will not be listed in the ceremony program.
Applying for Degree/Certificate Completion
Degrees and Certificates are not automatically awarded. Students must submit a graduation application to Advising Services by the deadline in order to be awarded a degree or certificate
upon the fulfillment of the completion requirements.
The priority processing deadline for graduation applications is the tenth (10th) day of the quarter in which the student plans to finish degree or certificate requirements. Graduation applications submitted by the priority deadline will be processed first and assured the awarding of the degree or certificate for the requested quarter.
Graduation applications received after the priority deadline and through the eighth (8th) week of the quarter will be accepted; however, applications received during this non-priority period will be processed after all priority graduation applications have been reviewed and processed.
Note: Students applying for Spring quarter graduation who want to participate in the Commencement Ceremony must submit their graduation application by April 19, 2019 in order to meet the deadline for submission of the cap and gown order form.
All diplomas are sent by mail approximately eight weeks following the end of the quarter in which requirements have been completed.
Regalia (cap and gown) Ordering
It is the responsibility of the student to submit their graduation application to the Advising Center Office. Once the student has turned in the Graduation Application form they will receive the cap and gown order form.
- Cap and Gown order form is to be turned in to the Bookstore February 4 - April 19, 2019, any order placed after April 19, 2019 will be limited to stock on-hand and available on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Cap/Gown/Tassel package is $24.00 plus tax ea. (payment is due at the time of order placement).
- No refunds will be honored after the order deadline.
- If you qualify for honors you may pick up your regalia with your packet. Eligibility for honors will be based on winter quarter grades. If you have any questions regarding your status please contact Credential Evaluations at 360.992.2805 or visit the Advising Center Office in Gaiser.
- Cap and gown packets ordered by April 19, 2019 may be picked up June 3 - June 7
- Orders not picked up by June 7 will be made avaialble to other students to purchase
- Orders submitted after April 19 may be picked up June 10 - 14 and will be limited to stock on-hand and first-come, first serve
- There will be no cap and gown packets available in the Bookstore after June 14
- Please check with the Bookstore for current hours.
Late cap and gown purchases:
- June 10-14 unclaimed cap and gown packets will be available to students that turned in late orders.
**Please note: There will be no cap and gown packets available in the Bookstore after June 14
- White cap and gown: Bachelors Degree
- Royal Blue gown: Associates Degree and Certificates
- Light Blue gown: High School and GED Completion
Up to five complimentary announcements will be available to each participant. Students may pick these up starting April 29, 2019 in the Clark College Bookstore. Additional announcements will be available for purchase.
Tickets are not required to attend the Graduation ceremony.
Rehearsal is mandatory and will be on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 6 p.m. Doors will open at 5:00 p.m.
The Commencement ceremony is Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. Doors will open at 5 p.m.
- Tickets are not required to attend the event.
- Parking is free
- Doors will open at 5:00 for guests and graduates
- An interpreter and captioning service will be provided. If guests or graduates need any other special accommodations to participate in the event please contact Disability Support Services 360.992.2314
- The ceremony will begin at 6:30 p.m. and last approximately 2-2.5 hours
- No balloons are allowed in the facility
- The facility is covered but is an open-air Amphitheater please dress accordingly
- Concessions are available on-site
If you have general questions about the Commencement ceremony please contact Michelle Golder at 360-992-2543 or email@example.com
If you have questions about your application and degree completion please contact Credential Evaluations at 360.992.2805