English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language classes are for adult immigrants and refugees. Courses focus on written communication (reading and writing), oral communication (listening and speaking) and technology.
- ESL classes cost $25.00 tuition per quarter.
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Laptops and hotspots are available to check out.
- Because of COVID-19, all classes are held online to fit all schedules.
- You must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under age 19, you must have a release from compulsory high school attendance.
- ESL 10: I-DEA. Beginning.
Learn English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills for your everyday life.
- ESL 46 & 48: Explorations. Intermediate.
Improve English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to communicate about health, work and future plans.
- ESL 19: Pronunciation. All levels.
Improve English pronunciation skills.
- ESL 90: Literacy Support. Beginning.
Improve reading, writing and spelling skills in this support class.
- ESL 95: Reading, Speaking & US Citizenship. Intermediate & higher.
Improve communication skills while preparing for the US citizenship exam.
- CAP 16 & 18: Fast Track 1. Upper-intermediate.
Improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills while learning about Clark College programs and careers.
- CAP 21 & 22: Fast Track 2. Advanced.
Improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to transition into pre-college Math & English.
- CAP 24: On-Ramp to Business. Upper intermediate & higher.
Learn concepts and skills to enter Business programs.
- CAP 80: Medical Terminology Essentials. Upper intermediate & higher.
Learn important medical terminology for Allied Health programs.
- CAP 88: Academic Grammar. Pre-college.
Improve your grammar skills for college-level writing courses.
How to register for classes
Contact Transitional Studies at 360-992-2741 and leave a message with your name and phone number or email email@example.com. Our staff will contact you to help you register for classes.