CTE Dual Credit
What is CTE Dual Credit?
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Credit, formerly known as Tech Prep, provides career pathways for high school students. CTE Dual Credit classes are taught at the high school or skills center and integrate academics with technical skills to help prepare students for advanced education and careers related to professional-technical occupations. The high school or skills center class is articulated with a class at Clark College and students receive college credit while still in high school. All CTE Dual Credit courses offer high school and college credit for successfully completing the same class. CTE Dual Credit is a great way to explore career options and start earning college credit!
How to Get Started Earning CTE Dual Credit
- See your high school counselor to find out which classes are eligible.
- Enroll in a CTE Dual Credit class at your high school.
- Create an account and register your class in the Statewide Enrollment and Reporting System (SERS): https://www.ctesers.org/
- Earn a B or higher grade in eligible classes.
- Apply for admissions at Clark College: http://www.clark.edu/getstarted/apply.php
- You must register for the CTE Dual Credit class during the same year you took the class.
CTE Dual Credit Transcription Process
Credits earned through the CTE Dual Credit program are not automatically transcribed to a Clark College transcript. The reasons for this are complex, but essentially earning any college credits is not always helpful as degrees have specific course requirements. CTE credits may not count toward all Bachelor's degrees, so it's a good idea to consult an advisor prior to transcribing credits.
To transcribe your credit to a Clark College transcript:
- Register in SERS during the year you took the course.
- Apply for admissions to Clark College and pay the $25 application fee: http://www.clark.edu/getstarted/apply.php
- Send a request to have your CTE Dual Credits transcribed to email@example.com. Include your ctcLink SID and a list of the classes you would like to have transcribed. The process takes about two weeks and you will be notified when it is complete.
If you plan to attend another college or university rather than Clark College, then you will need to follow the instructions below to order transcripts once the credits are transcribed.
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website: https://studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/Transcript/to_bridge.asp
- Enter "Clark College-Vancouver WA" as the school from which you want to request your transcripts, then click the "Continue" button.
- On the bottom of the next page click the green "Order transcripts" button.
- When you fill out the online form just enter your SSN (you will have to enter it twice for verification) and skip over the Student Identification # field.
- One of the steps will ask you to sign a consent form. When you are provided an option of signing a paperless consent or printing on out, choose the paperless consent so you can sign it online using your mouse or finger depending on your device.
- The CTE Dual Credit program is free so you save money on college tuition.
- CTE Dual Credit is a college-bound program.
- Students will be better prepared for college and career.
- With a B or higher grade, students will earn high school and college credit.
Information for School Districts
Articulations are approved on an annual basis. Articulation requests must be received by March 1st in order to be included in the signed agreement for the following academic year.
To submit a new articulation request, please include the following documentation:
- CTE Dual Credit Program Course Articulation Application
- Program of Study
- Sample course assessment
- Sample course syllabus with learning outcomes
High School Partnerships
- Battle Ground High School
- Camas High School
- Cascadia Tech Academy
- Columbia River High School
- ESD # 112
- Evergreen High School
- Ft. Vancouver High School
- Heritage High School
- Hockinson High School
- Hudson's Bay High School
- La Center High School
- Legacy High School
- Mountain View High School
- Prairie High School
- Skyview High School
- Stevenson High School
- Union High School
- Vancouver Flex Academy
- Washougal High School
- Woodland High School