Is eLearning Right For Me?
While eLearning classes give more scheduling flexibility, they can be challenging for certain students. Before enrolling in an eLearning class you may want to ask yourself how well the following statements describe you:
- I feel comfortable using reading and writing as my primary means of communication and learning.
- I feel I can learn in an environment where oral lectures are not the primary means of learning.
- I am self motivated and can work independently.
- I have no problem communicating with my instructor and other classmates through electronic means such as email and discussion boards.
- I have no problem asking questions when I donít understand something or need clarification.
- I have or will have access to a computer on a regular basis.
- I feel comfortable in my keyboarding abilities.
- I feel comfortable with basic computer skills such as email, creating and saving files, and downloading files.
- I can dedicate approximately 3 hours of work per credit hour to my eLearning class.
If youíve answered yes to most of these questions, eLearning could be a good option for you!
Still have questions?
Attend one of our on-campus Intro to eLearning Workshops!
Go to Where Do I Begin to get started!
Check your Tech Readiness!
Take the SmarterMeasure tech readiness assessment! This assessment will take about 35 minutes to complete and will help you determine whether or not online or hybrid courses would be a good fit for you.