New to Accessibility?
Check out: Accessibility Made Easy in Canvas. The content has easy to follow accessibility steps and resources. The topics cover common used staff tools: Microsoft Outlook 2016, Microsoft Word 2016, Microsoft PPT 2016, and Adobe Acrobat DC for PDFs.
Other College Resources
Each of the schools below provide an overview of accessibility for Office, Adobe, web content and other tools. Tips for captioning are also provided.
Your online Course content
- Accessibility Made Easy, open Canvas course (by Clark College staff)
- CANVAS and Accessibility (by SBCTC)
Checklists and Cheatsheets
Intermediate to Accessibility?
- WebAIM: Microsoft Word
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- WCAG in plain English (IT Accessibility checklist)
Accessibility Tips for third party Clark Tools used by faculty and staff
- Adding your own captions via YouTube
- For captioning in YouTube: How To Add an srt File To YouTube
- Creating Accessible Videos: Captioning Overview, an open Canvas class by SBCTC
- How do I embed a video in a page in a (Canvas) course?
- Panopto’s How to Add ASR Captions into a Video
- Questions on captioning? Contact Angela Childers at email@example.com
Clark's Accessibility Policy
Since July 2017, Clark has an Accessible Technology Policy. It clarifies that accessibility is every employee's responsibility. Please review it on the Accessibility website: www.clark.edu/accessibility
Questions on Accessibility?
Students for accessibility help contact: Zach Lattin, AT/IT Accessibility Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 360-347-6281 to leave a message.
Faculty for questions about third party tools contact: Zach Lattin at email@example.com or Phone: 360-347-6281. For help with CANVAS content or other course content contact: Tre Sandlin, Instructional Accessibility Tech at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 360-992-2090 to leave a message.