Clark College Board of Trustees
Profile: Appointed: 2008 Term Ends: 2013
Mr. Burkman is currently a Vancouver City Councilmember.
He most recently served as the SW Region Planning Manager for Washington State Department of Transportation. Prior to that, he worked for Hewlett Packard for nearly 28 years – including 21 years in Vancouver.
At HP, Jack Burkman managed all aspects of new consumer inkjet product development: commercializing new technology, defining markets, developing new business models, creating new manufacturing systems and launching into global markets.
Community activities include:
- Member, SW Washington Regional Transportation Council (2010-present)
- Member, Joint Policy Committee on Transportation (2010-present)
- Vice President of Public Policy and member, YWCA Clark County Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Chair and member, Fort Vancouver Regional Library Board of Trustees (2002-2009)
- Vancouver City Councilmember (1998-2001)
- Chair and Member, Southwest Washington Clean Air Agency (1998-2001)
- Member, C-TRAN Board of Directors (1999-2001)
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Montana State University
- Certified Professional Coach, Antioch University – Seattle